After your guests leave your wedding and have returned to their daily routine, they’ll remember two things about your special day: the interaction between you and your spouse-to-be, and the rockin’ band or DJ. Details like centrepieces, name cards, and dinner selections will trail far, far behind in the memory banks of your friends and family. That’s why you should look at all your options and carefully choose the most amazing wedding entertainment out there.
When you’re searching for that perfect wedding entertainment, it’s important to do your homework. If you’ve never heard or seen their performance, you can do a little research to see what they offer. Reviews are always a great option as you can hear from some of their happy past clients. However, in some cases, reviews may not be available. If you’re interested in hiring a performer but you want to dig a little deeper to make sure they’re the perfect fit, then you should do the following:
- If at all possible, go see a live performance.
- Reach out to the entertainer to discuss their prior performance experience. They may be able to connect you with clients they’ve worked with for a referral.
- Most importantly, you must trust and like who you are dealing with while negotiating the booking.
- View their website.
- Look at their social profiles to see how they interact with fans and followers.
- Have a contract with clear and precise terms.
This is a very special day in your life, and like any milestone event, planning can get hectic. It’s wise to be prepared for last-minute hiccups and do everything you can to make sure the wedding entertainment is what you’ve always dreamed it would be.