- Agree on a budget and create a checklist – First thing’s first, agree on a budget both you and your partner are happy with. A checklist is also a must because it will help to keep you organised and on track of things.
- Write out a guestlist – The guestlist can be tricky, but give yourselves a number of guests each and start with close friends and family, then work from there.
- Pick a number of dates – It’s best to have a few dates in mind because you can see which works best for your close family and friends, you want to make sure they can all make your big day!
- Choose a venue – Planning six months in advance, it’s best to look for somewhere that offers packages!
- Book Vendors – Don’t forget to book a wedding Photographer, Officiant, Florist, Cake Baker, Musician or Band. If you book these around the same time it avoids anyone being forgotten.
- Wedding Ceremony Outfits – Start the hunt for the perfect wedding dress, groom’s tuxedo, ushers’ tuxedos and bridesmaid dresses. Remember to only take a couple of people whose opinions you really trust!
- Send out Save The Dates – These aren’t official invites, these remind your guests they need to put the date in their calendar!
- Accessories – Purchase shoes, jewellery and find your something old, new, borrowed and blue!
- Purchase the wedding rings – These are quite significant for a wedding – don’t forget them!
- Send out Invitations – Make sure you add an RSVP to your invites so you can get an idea of numbers!
- Plan the rehearsal dinner – The rehearsal dinner is useful for everyone and avoids any unexpected surprises on the day!
- Decide on wedding favours – Wedding favours are just an added touch to all your guests, these could be anything from an edible sweet treat or a sentimental trinket.
- Plan your honeymoon – After all this planning, you’ll be ready for some down time in an exotic place, best get it booked!
- Select a wedding breakfast menu – Meet with your venue or catering service to choose your wedding breakfast, you want to make sure you have the perfect spread! You should also meet with your cake baker to select your wedding cake flavours!
- Pick a song list – Hand your song list over to your DJ or musician with a good mix of new music and old time classics.
Hair and Makeup Trial – This is very important, especially if you’re fussy about other people doing your makeup! Have a pamper day and choose a look you that remains true to your general style.
- Create a seating chart – Now you have your final numbers you can decide where everyone is going to sit!
- Buy Gifts – It’s a nice idea to buy gifts for anybody within the wedding party as a thank you. It doesn’t have to be pricey, just something to show your gratitude!
- Get Your Marriage License – A very important part of getting married!
- Confirm All Bookings – Ring up and confirm that all of your bookings have the right date etc.
- Get Married! – We hope you have a magical day…